Monday 8 June 2009

Lets go for a drive.........



The only problem in Mumbai that really puts me off is the Mumbai traffic. There are too many vehicles on the road and also, too many signals, the roads are narrow and at some place uneven. Although there is lot to do at signals like I can shop for best-selling books for just Rs100 or part my hard earned money with a beggar who rubs his nose against my window pane.

But if I drive off-peak-hours, then it is not so bad at all and I do enjoy a large range of scenic view. There are lots of hoardings on the road where I can practice my reading skills, and sometimes improve my mathematics by counting the number of people who break the road rules, how many people are without their helmet while riding on a motorbike, and how many people spit on the road per hour.

But of course, there is good architecture too. Like this new bridge which is going to become world famous landmark very soon.



This Bandta-Worli-Sealink, which was supposed to be inaugurated on 31st May but the ribbon is not yet ready.



But yes, soon it will start functioning. People will not mind paying Rs60 to reach Worli in just seven minutes.

And Worli is the hep place to be.



I am sure then we will not be so irritated then with the traffic and might even drive up to South Mumbai which has lots of greenery and picturesque landscape.



During the outing I might even stop for stuffed waffles. It is clean now-a-days, .they use glove you know…We all like Mumbai chaats and now it is safe to eat out there…fear not……..



Gabraneka nahii!!!

No comments:

The name "Bombay" was derived from 'Bom Bahia' (The Good Bay),

.... a name given by Portuguese sailor Francis Almeida, in 1508 ....“Bounce back Mumbai” .....as it is called by the locals, it is a city that has been through a lot in the recent past – floods, bomb blasts, riots – and come out stronger each time.

Whats the Time Please?

Live Exchange Rates

Do you love what you read here? .....Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... pmoorjani@yahoo.com